So if you like us are tired of going to the supermarket looking for a freshly made organic desserts , perhaps now is the time for the SWITH over! Yes .You. Heard. Us. Correct 🙋🏼♀️! With so many women and men looking for healthier alternatives to shop bought pastries, desserts, puddings or sweets many are choosing to prepare the treats at home 🍰! Depending on the recipe and effort you put i-its so much more rewarding, you know exactly what ingredient has gone inside and lets face it- your family or loved ones will be well impressed! 🌟It may seems doubting to some but for many this is the way forwards! In our case this weekend we had the privilege to test a vegan, dairy-free double chocolate muffin recipe which indeed turned out absolutely delicious! We arent even that good of bakers...but rather dare we say- if you follow a recipe to the T, surely you cant go wrong!😅 So give it a go, try it and have fun! Believe us- if we did it-YOU will surpass us!🏆
- Combine dry ingredients: 1 cup spelt flour, 1/2 coconut flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup coconut blossom sugar, 1/2 tsp himalayan salt, 1x tsp cinnamon, ( this will give you a soft mellow taste) 1/2 tsp baking powder in a mixing bowl and mix well. Leave on the side.
- Now mix wet ingredients: 2/3 cup apple sauce, 1/4 coconut yogurt, 1/4 coconut milk, 2x tsp bourbon vanilla, 3x tbs coconut oil. Mix all ingredients well. Now add 1/2 cup of well broken into small pieces OCTO Couverture Chocolate 65% :)
- Pour the bowl of dry mixture ingredients into the wet bowl mixture and mix well! Spoon mixture into paper cups in a muffin tray and top with extra small broken pieces of OCTO Couverture Chocolate 65%
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Once done let cool done and decorate with a sprinkle of coconut dessicated flakes.
- Chocolate Buttercream for the icing: In a mixer beat on high until fluffy, thick and consistent mixture- 1 cup powdered coconut blossom sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2/3 coconut oil ( semi-soft), 1 tsp bourbon vanilla, 4x tbs coconut milk. Place mixture into a pipping bag and decorate the muffins.
- *Tip: How do you know if your muffins are ready baked? Use a toothpick and insert in centre- It will be free of batter when baked through😚